Policy 615 - Basic Standards and Graduation Required Testing, Accommodations, Modifications and Exemptions for IEP, 504 Accommodation & LEP Students
The purpose of the policy is to provide adequate opportunity for students identified as having individualized education program (IEP), Rehabilitation Act of 1973, § 504 accommodation plan (504 plan), or English Learner (EL) participate in statewide assessment systems designed to hold schools accountable for the academic performance of all students.
II. GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
III. DEFINITION OF TERMS
365体育平台See the “Procedures Manual for the Minnesota Assessments” which is produced by the Minnesota Department of Education and available through personaccess.com.
IV. GRANTING AND DOCUMENTING ACCOMMODATIONS, MODIFICATIONS, OR EXEMPTIONS FOR BASIC SKILLS AND GRAD TESTING
See chapter 5 of the current “Procedures Manual for the Minnesota Assessments” and 2017-18 Guidelines for Administration of Accommodations and Linguistic Supports (http://minnesota.pearsonaccessnext.com/resources/resources-training/manuals/GuidelinesforAccommandLS_2018.pdf).
All test accommodations, modifications, or exemptions shall be reported to the School District Test Administrator. The School District Teaching and Learning Administrator shall be responsible for keeping a list of all such test accommodations, modifications, and exemptions for school district audit purposes. This will be done annually by December 1. Testing results will be documented and reported.
- Minn. Stat. § 120B.11 (School District Process)
- Minn. Stat. § 120B.30 (Statewide Testing and Reporting System)
- Minn. Stat. § 125A.08(a)(1) (Individualized Education Programs)
- Minn. Rules Parts 3501.0640-3501.0635 (Academic Standards for Language Arts)
- Minn. Rules Parts 3501.0800-3501.0815 (Academic Standards for the Arts) Minn. Rules Parts 3501.0900-3501.0955 (Academic Standards in Science)
- Minn. Rules Parts 3501.1000-3501.1190 (Graduation-Required Assessment for Diploma) (repealed Minn. L. 2013, Ch. 116, Art. 2, § 22)
- Minn. Rules Parts 3501.1300-3501.1345 (Academic Standards for Social Studies)
- Minn. Rules Parts 3501.1400-3501.1410 (Academic Standards for Physical Education)
- Alternate ACCESS for ELLs Participation Guidelines,
- Princeton Policy 104 (School District Mission Statement)
- Princeton Policy 601 (School District Curriculum and Instruction Goals)
- Princeton Policy 613 (Graduation Requirements)
- Princeton Policy 614 (School District Testing Plan and Procedure)
- Princeton Policy 616 (School District System Accountability)
Adopted: July 21, 1998
Revised: April 22, 2008
Reviewed: November 23, 2010
Revised: November 18, 2014
Revised: October 20, 2015
Revised: January 17, 2017
365体育平台Revised: March 19, 2019